In 2005 the Stanford University Libraries aquired from the antiquarian bookseller Eliasaf Robinson a collection on the early history of Tel Aviv. By now, significant portions of this collection are digitized and accessible online. Concentrating on materials that date before 1948, the collection includes books, pamphlets, journals, documents, photographs, posters, maps, architectural plans, and ephemera relating to the history of the „First Hebrew City“. Part of the collection are also several Ottoman land deeds (kushans) for lots purchased in 1909 by the first Jewish settlers, who built Tel Aviv as a new Jewish suburb outside of the Arab city of Jaffa.
[Picture: Playbill of the cinema "Migdalor", designed by Richard Blass (Zurah)]